We found this really cool vine on our walk at Sunnybrook park the other day. The vine went all the way up into the tree, wrapping around the tree for as high as we could see.
We also found a good vine for sitting on.
We have been crazy busy.
Mason has started playing football for the middle school. He is the odd ball homeschooler among all the kids who have grown up together. We have no intentions right now of sending him to school, he will just participate in athletics. Thankfully he is pretty big, and very enthusiastic about football. We are hoping that takes the curiosity off his homeschool status!!
Regan has had baton camp this week. She is approaching "older girl" status quickly. She hangs out with the big kids and does impressive tricks now. Yesterday they twirled knives and today they are doing fire batons. I told her to have her friends take some pictures but I don't know if she will.
She is also working hard on her first 4-H sewing project. She has the style review in July. I have no idea what that means.
Jack is doing a lego club at a local library branch and a gymnastics class at Emeth.
Mitchell is, of course, all gym all the time. He is at the gym everyday but Sunday. I'm kind of kicking myself for not working harder to get his drivers license done.
He is working on driving, but we are a long way from the test. Like a looooooong way. (Sigh). By the time I get him done Mason will be starting. I'm going to be teaching kids to drive for like the next 8 years. And that doesn't count Frick and Frack.
Mason and Regan are also both playing basketball on a homeschool team (the Geauga Grizzlies.) during the summer they just practice one night a week at an outdoor court. This is actually one of my favorite activities we do. It is not a psycho sport that has been ruined by egotistical parents. It's kids learning the sport from some dedicated homeschool dads who love the sport. Then they get to play in several games throughout the school year. I don't even know how many games Mason had last year, maybe 15.
I'm sure wading into public education sports is going to be a learning curve for me. I'm not big on screaming parents. I mean.....seriously.....it's a game people.....and they are kids.
Let's go back to that.....it's a game. Chill.
So that's our summer! Crazy, crazy!
We don't need babysitters or meals.....we need gas cards!! Ha! :)
Just kidding! Meals might be good! ;)
If it's not raining enjoy the sun!!



No comments:
Post a Comment