I have done a terrible job keeping track of our trip to China!! Since blogger was blocked by the Chinese Government, I gave up....bad mom that I am!! I suppose I could go through my email and save the updates I sent people. In the meantime I am going to try to remember things....and start keeping track of what is happening now!!
Right now Kate is settling in great. It took her about a week, maybe a tad more, to get turned around from "China" time. The first week she was up in the middle of the night....wide awake. That was terrible. Mainly because I was exhausted and not wanting to be up with a wide awake 1 year old! She is going to bed in her crib and sleeping for about 5 hours. When she wakes I usually get her and bring her in with us. Sometimes she "talks" for a few minutes before going back to sleep. Other times she'll just go right back to sleep.
Last night she slept in her crib from 9 until 4, then in our bed until 7:30....so maybe we'll start another new trend (??) That would be great! I was so surprised when I looked at the clock and it said 4 (yay!!)
She is doing great with the kids. She loves to be on the living room floor watching them. Although I feel a bit guilty leaving her there. I try not to let her be there to long.
She has an appointment next Tuesday with the UH Rainbow Adoption something or another....I can't remember the whole name. I have a few pages of stuff I have to fill out and fax back to them.
I think she is doing pretty well as far as attachment goes. We are not letting other people hold her. I am trying to stay home, as much as our schedule allows. But with the kids activities and now Ron is working at the camp.....it is kind of difficult. But, I am with her all the time, I think that matters more than anything.
She is sitting up, but not getting herself into a sitting position. She is rolling all over the place and kind of scooting forward, but not "crawling." She does get up on her hands and knees. She does put her arms out to be held. She shakes her head "no" but not "yes." She says "ma, ma" "da, da" ba, ba" "nai, nai" "do" (dog) and "bye" and she waves. Those are the things we know for sure.
When I got home Jack told me "he missed hearing my sound" (meaning my voice) so cute!!!! :)
There really is no sibling rivalry at all. But it's only been a week and a half. The kids have been great. I'm sure as time goes on they'll get sick of me saying "be quiet...the baby is sleeping!!!" But really, they have been fine. Even Jack. We haven't had any issues. I say that and we'll probably have a blow up today :)
No comments:
Post a Comment