Kate went to the Adoption Health Services at UH on Tuesday. It was the longest Dr's appointment ever!!!! Well....at least for me!! I guess it was a good appointment. The dr and assistant were "amazed" with Kate. They thought she had wonderful attachment. They said babies from China are not verbal like she is. I can't really even remember what they were saying....mainly that she is not like a typical adopted baby from China, that it seems like she was in a really good place and well taken care of, so that was all very reassuring.
Before we went to the clinic I dropped the kids off at Sally's. We went in and she was making lunch. Kate went crazy...she tried to jump out of my arms to Sally, but Sally was not paying attention to her. Kate was totally turned sideways away from me and leaning way over to Sally. Then once Sally finally took her, Kate gave her this huge kiss, then kept kissing her over and over. It was so funny. She's come a ways from ignoring Sally after not being with her!!!
Her sleeping has gotten better. We have been trying to make sure she naps and then is home and in her crib for bedtime. She's been getting up at around 4AM....which stinks, but I guess is better than 2AM. She is usually up for an hour and then will go back to bed. Last night (Friday) she did sleep all night. However, I did give her benedryll before bed, so that may have something to do with it!!!
She has a rash on her whole body. I am pretty sure it is from detergent. I have washed almost all of her clothes over in All Free. Hopefully that will clear things up and we won't have to look into food allergies.
Friday I had to take her for bloodwork. It was horrible. Terrible, awful, horrible. None of my kids ever screamed like she did. Although none of my other kids had bloodwork at that age. Only Mitchell has had blood drawn and that was in the last year, so I wouldn't expect him to scream. I made Sally go (of course.) Not that the baby needed her or anything :) Well a baby needed her but it wasn't Kate!!! Unfortunately one of the tests could not be done on Friday, so we have to go back Monday morning. I guess more screaming. Yuk. But after talking about it, Ron wants me to just get it done, and I guess I agree....but yuk. It was horrible. At least for me. :(
The Adoption Clinic said her muscle tone is not that great in her legs, so we need to be putting her in the jumper...she hates it. But she is rolling all over the house. And she does the "army" crawl. She is also getting up on her knees.
I am pretty sure she is doing a sign for either eating or drinking. Mitchell and I noticed it last Saturday. She was doing that same sign again this morning. I told Ron to feed her and he was taking FOREVER. He said he'd do it after he got the other kids breakfast. Kate was crawling around out in the living room. I came out and she saw me and crawled toward me and patted her mouth. So I put her in her chair and gave her cheerios and got her breakfast going. It definately means something to her....she's done it too many times for it to just be random.
No comments:
Post a Comment