Tuesday, August 24, 2010

17 Months

I am the world's worst blogger. Kate is almost 18 months!! Still not walking...however cruising on furniture, and letting go and just standing in place. I know once she figures out the walking she will just take off (and we'll be in trouble!!!) She loves to be in her room walking back and forth holding on to her crib...don't know why she won't just let go!

She has added even more to her words. The funniest is "shhhhh!!!!" with her finger up to her cheek (she misses her mouth.) It started from Sally telling Grady to be quiet, which Kate would also do. But has evolved into Kate telling all of us to be quiet...whenever the mood strikes her! Like when I was singing to her last night! I guess at least she uses it appropriately :)

I took her back to the adoption health services at Rainbow in July. I don't think we'll be going again. I have found our family doctor to be enough. I know we'll need to start looking into a hand surgeon for her thumb at some point, but other than that I don't really feel like we need to spend any more time with dr's! The adoption specialists asked me questions but didn't really give me any answers. My family dr is way more helpful than that!

Kate seems to be sleeping better. I have found if she has just one nap a day she does best. But she seems to wake up between 5-6 every morning....which is not fun!!

She is a great eater, she likes just about everything. We have not had anymore issues with rashes...yet. Hopefully that will not return.

She is still small. I tried to weigh her last week. I think she's just around 20 pounds and she is still wearing 12 month clothes. I'll take her for an 18 month well baby check up in the next couple of weeks. I'm trying not to stress about her size, since she does eat well and is very active.

No comments: