Saturday, July 2, 2011

done

Kate has been saying lots and lots of words for a long, long time.

She will say two words together every once in awhile.

At night I sit in her room on a glider to give her a bottle before bed. Some nights she holds the bottle, some nights I hold the bottle. Everynight she throws the bottle if I'm not paying attention, when she's done with it. And, every night I say "you don't need to throw it, just say all done!"

So, last night she threw her bottle, and said "I dropped it! All done."

I was pretty much stunned.

This coming from the kid who says a word here and a word there.

I'd like to say I knew she was holding out on us....but really I've been pondering speech therapy.

I guess maybe not!

2 comments:

Sally said...

Have known from the "beginning", she is one AMAZING" little one! Her head is filled with lots of words, phrases, and obviously sentences, too! She is just waiting for the right moments to say them. What a stinker!
NaiNai

Jen said...

Congrats! And now, they will ALL be talking to you non-stop! ;-)