Thursday, May 15, 2014

Sensory Play Day


We made cloud dough the other day. It is something we did in sensory class at our homeschool co-op this session. It's simply flour and oil. The girls (and Jack) enjoyed it for awhile. We made it in the morning (Tuesday.) 

Tuesday was a particularly long day because, we stayed home all day, then Ron had a meeting in the evening. 

We got the cloud dough out in the evening. The second go around did not go as well. It got a little more physical! Thankfully I'm not real thrown by messes.
We spent the.entire.day. outside on Tuesday. Which is fine. Just kind of long. And tiring. I can see where the summer is leading. Kate has to have constant supervision or she is in the neighbor's yard. Quinn will play in the sandbox with Jack and I can just keep an eye on her.

We have gotten the "totes" out on the deck and been playing in water already (yes at 9:30 in the morning.) Thankfully when Grandpa Cole built our deck many years ago, he made it so a child's head would not fit through the rail. My deck is like a big playpen. The only issue is the steps. We have 3 latches on the gate.....which the girls whip right through. This year I have a baby gate on the top step on the other side of the gate. THEY think it is to keep the dog off the steps :)  Really it's to keep them up, we will see how long it works!!

Last summer the girls just played in totes with water, that was enough.

This year I am collecting different size containers for them to fill and dump. So far it is keeping them busy.

Their favorite is the pancake syrup bottle they fill and squirt.

I have to say.....our deck looks terrible....we have painted it almost every other summer. Ron's dad thinks it's because we have an enclosed porch underneath, something about heat and moisture or whatever. I have thrown in the towel....I'm going with the shabby chic look........


No comments: