Saturday, August 23, 2014

School

I know everyone is just waiting with baited breath to hear our current homeschool plans!! Ha!

Actually, I have this, possibly unrealistic expectation of printing this blog/journal at some point. So, really it's just a record for us!!

We have not officially begun "school" yet. We probably will not until the week of September 8.

Mitchell is attending a co-op this year in Chardon. He is very against it. I think he needs it. Ron is out in la, la land.

Mitchell will take Geometry, Chemistry, Composition and Literature with Modern World History. It could be a rough year.

Mason is playing football. He is enjoying it. He is trying to learn all the plays for offense. Other than that he likes it a lot. His big advantage is he has not played since he was a little guy, so he is not burned out. A lot of the boys are sick of the sport, complain, don't try, and talk about quitting. It's all new to Mas, and he loves it.

Regan and Jack are going to do homeschool gymnastics at Emeth Gym this year.

Co-op starts in a few weeks. Some classes the kids are taking are: embroidery, Desserts, This Old House, Game Show, Gym, Boxing, Life 2.0, Alphabet Art, Electricity, Birds are Cool

Oh......and the boys are taking French!

And......Curriculum being used at our house.......

Life of Fred Math (Mason, Regan, Jack)

Jack will do some A Beka, cause the child has got to learn to tell time and A Beka is what we've used in the past. Or I'll get a time workbook.

Life of Fred grammar for Mason (new)

Queen Homeschooling Language (Regan and Jack)

Story of the World Audio CD's (everyone)

Apologia Zoology 1 (Regan and Jack)

Explode the Code (Jack, Kate and Quinn)

Counting With Numbers (Kate and Quinn) Pathway Publishers

Mason Science ????? Undecided......... Probably Apologia General Science

Health....A Beka (what I always use, totally satisfied)



No comments: