Wednesday, May 18, 2011

kalahari

We made a very quick trip to an indoor waterpark Monday and Tuesday. It was our first time there, and the kids had a GREAT time. I forgot my camera, so did not get any good pictures at all. We, actually, went for a few reasons. One was for the great fun of the waterpark, the other was for a homeschool convention going on at the park. It was actually an "unschooling" convention. If pressed to catagorize myself in the homeschooling world I would tell you I am a (very) relaxed ecclectic homeschooler with a bent toward Charlotte Mason....but a little Classical Education.....and some unschooling tendancies.

Which would probably be why my children were totally flustered and would *not* allow themselves to be labeled as "unschoolers."  When asked if we were there for the "Unschooling Convention" my husband actually said he "didn't know."  (I AM rolling my eyes!!! Does he EVER listen to me!?!?)

My oldest, when given a definition of "unschooling" said...."Wait...are you actually telling me there are other people in THIS hotel who don't do anything either??"  :)

But then my second said "We do stuff all the time, now we have schoolwork everyday....remember??"

So....see....we cannot be labeled :)  We are elusive.....

It was fun....here are some pics I did get......

Jack, on the obstacle course, that he did....over and over and over....
Mitchell doing "download play" or something...he didn't move for an hour and said it was "so cool."
Regan doing the same thing as Mitch....but I think she talked as much as she played :)
Mason bowling in the game room.

Ron....just too much fun for him to handle :)




No comments: