Tomorrow, ready or not, we are starting into our "new normal." We have been able to put it off for a week. Ron took a week off of work....which I don't think he did with Jack's birth or with Kate's homecoming. Thankfully he took time off, it's taken me that long to recover from the China trip. I think because I've had this stupid cold or allergies or whatever.
Quinn's arrival has been....I'm not sure what. Good. Ok.
A bit jarring.
I think her age is making it a little harder. She is more demanding, she doesn't want to be put down or left anywhere, which is kind of hard when you have 5 other kids that need to be taken care of.
And a house, and laundry, dishes, food.......
And Kate hitting, kicking, knocking over.....or body bumping with her tummy....which still counts as touching (she's creative)
Homeschooling? yeah....sure we will do that.....at some point. Maybe tomorrow.
Thankfully I'm not a homeschooling nazi.
And thankfully baskets of laundry don't wig me out too much.
The not shopping for food is kind of getting on my nerves....and is really annoying Ron!
I guess all I can say is I feel like I have brought home a newborn.....and really we have brought home a two year old, which is SO bizarre. Who brings home a two year old newborn??? But that's what it feels like. She acts two....but I am drained like she's a newborn. Bringing home Kate was easier. I guess because she was younger. Or something. Maybe you hit 40 and everything really does go downhill!!! lol
It isn't bad.....it's just different.
Thankfully we have, or I have, read a lot. So I'm not terribly worried or freaked out. I just have to adjust and change gears a bit.
Ron's school schedule got changed from how it has been in years past. Some of our homeschooling things have gotten switched up from what we've done in the past.
Things are just tweaked a little.....and it is like they are tweaked just for Quinn....but not by us....but for us. Which only makes God have more of a sense of humor.
Amazing that all those months of planning, and obsessing, and working, paperwork, waiting, waiting, waiting....all are done. And here she is!!
A year ago this weekend I emailed for her file.
Now here she is kicking me in the head while I try to sleep :) Amazing what can happen in a year!!
We are ready for the 2012-2013 school year!!!!!
Well....kind of :)
Maybe.
A little :)
Ha!
We have an orthodontist appointment tomorrow, who am I kidding?? I'm hoping to get out the door and make it to the appointment.....that will be success.
1 comment:
You are funny :-) One day at a time, sister!
Post a Comment