Monday, September 3, 2012

Steps of Faith

I don't think I will EVER be able to fully or adequately thank all of the people who have walked this adoption journey to Quinn with us. We have received support is so, so many ways. I have tried to express our thanks, both in verbal word, in written word....hopefully everyone knows how very thankful we are for all of the support we have received! The prayers, the emotional support, the financial support, the kind words, the hugs, the meals, the diapers, help with kids, random play dates. Thank you all SO MUCH! I have made new friends, rekindled old friendships....it has been an amazing journey, and one we certainly did not expect to be taking!

Had you asked us back on February 27, 2011 when our basement flooded and we were standing in a MESS if we would go to China and bring home a THEN 5 month old baby girl....I would have said NO WAY!!!!! Are you NUTS! We have no room! We have no money!!! Our basement is a MESS!!!! It's RUINED!!!! We have NO ROOM!!!

But God  :)

He is bigger.

He makes room.

My BSF group....I'm sure they got sick of listening to me say week after week...."my ASK is still for patience in God's timing, for my home study, my DTC, my LID, my LOA....for fundraising, for grants. I KNOW the Lord is asking us to do this....I just need to be faithful."  And I SAID it....I just had that nagging doubt in my head (is it true....what if I'm wrong and I jumped and just brought Ron and 5 kids with me????)

Now, having Quinn home a week, I can say the Lord provided every dime to bring Quinn home. And He made room in our crowded house and crowded van :) It's all good!

We still will have expenses, so I don't know that anyone can ever say they are "fully funded." We will have "post placement" visits we will have to pay for the next five years. But, as far as the actual adoption....the Lord provided through grants, fundraising, and the blessings of friends and family,  all of the funding to bring Quinn home.

What a huge, huge blessing!!!

Quinn lived in the XuZhou Social Welfare Institute for the whole 23 months she was in China. It is in the province of Jiangsu. It's about 3 hours Northwest of Shanghai.

Our guide in China pointed out Quinn had received very good care, but he said, "No matter how good they took care of her at the orphanage, she needs to be in a family."

Try to think of that....23 months and never in a family....a permanent daycare situation (kind of) no mom or dad, no siblings. Never going "home" at the end of the day.

Those of you who were a part of bringing Quinn home.....YOU are part of putting a child in a family.

That is huge. And something to ponder!!!

I said when applying for grants, our first adoption was a desire of MY heart. I had always wanted to adopt, and the Lord brought us Kate.

This adoption....it was the desire of the Lord's heart. He brought us Quinn and asked us to be obedient...to trust and follow Him.

I'm so glad we have done what He asked of us! He certainly keeps His promises!

No comments: