It is hard to believe we are into November already! Just a few months ago I was obsessing over when we would travel to bring Miss Quinny home and now she is snugly settled into daily life in our home.
Jack is 8. Ugh. I am not sure how that happened. I am going to take him tonight to spend some of his birthday money while his brothers are at their sports practices. Thankfully, he wants to spend his money on something *other* than Thomas the Tank Engine! He has been doing Hexbug Nano and Minecraft of late....so branching out and growing up a bit.
Yesterday we went to a homeschool open gym with families from our Tuesday homeschool co-op. It is open to all homeschoolers, so if anybody is interested....let me know! It does have a fee....but in my opinion, is well worth it! It is an industrial building that has been changed into a sports facility. It was really big. The kids could take bikes, roller blades, scooters, basketballs, footballs. Some of the kids got a soccer game going. For my own kids it will be a nice "break" during the yukky weather coming up!
Today is our first play downtown at Playhouse Square. We are seeing "Snowflake." I have been taking the kids to see plays forever. Since before I even had them all. If homeschoolers get 10 people to sign up for a play then we can get the same price as schools for the tickets ($5 per person.) So, I have coordinated that for several years. Totally selfish on my part, but we enjoy going. We see just about every play in the Children's Series each year. I'd like to do the orchestra this year as well, I just haven't gotten around to ordering the tickets. We used to do that every year. I am just behind.
My main point of sitting down this morning was to update on Quinn. I know when I started this blog way back at the beginning it was actually about Kate. I kept track of what she was doing (and now THAT is terrorizing all of us! Just kidding...kind of!) So...Quinn....
In the last day or two she has started to say a few words (very few.) She says:
hug (which means up)
up
more
yes
no
bed
Quinn
mom
boo (which means no)
hi
And she does A LOT of yelling and pointing that means a whole lot but we have NO CLUE what she is saying. HOWEVER, you definitely get her point!
And when she has a poopy diaper she pats her bottom and wants to be changed.
She understands most if not all of what she is told, and follows directions wonderfully.
She is a great sleeper. She probably would sleep most if not all of the night in her bed. But I get her and bring her in with me :)
She is still in 12 month clothes, although she fits in some 18 month stuff.
She knows when we are going somewhere and she makes sure she is going with us!!
She knows who she belongs to and who she does not. She has no interest in interacting with those outside of her family.
It is *very* interesting to see the difference in the two girls. They have VERY different personalities.
And, for all I worried after bringing Quinn home, now they are so bonded. They hug and kiss at bedtime. They definitely go together, I can't even imagine one without the other anymore.
Although.....I should have named them a little different....the names are a killer....I'm to the point of "whoever you are....just come here......."
Well, I guess I'm doing that to all the kids not just Kate and Quinn!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment