Sunday, January 5, 2014

Very Late Not Mailed Christmas Letter!


I think I have only done one or two Christmas letters ever....I think they are kind of hokey....but I decided it would be fun to write something to update where each of the kids are right now....late of course!!!

Mitchell is 15.5 years old. He could be driving with his temps, but he does not appear to be in any hurry to take the test and start driving. I guess that is fine. He is a Level 9 gymnast at Lakeshore Dance and Gymnastics in Mayfield. He practices A LOT, year-round. His other main interest is Marvel superheros....like he knows weird, obscure things we have never heard of. He has amassed quite a collection of Marvel Encyclopedias. Oh....and he is a Whovian (I probably spelled that wrong.)

Mason is 13.5 years old. He is a CLEVELANDER. And a Hilltopper!!! We trained him well!!! His first love is football, followed closely by basketball. He also can be found listening to the Tribe. He hopes to play 8th grade football for Chardon in the Fall. He has played basketball for the Geauga Grizzlies homeschool basketball team for 2 years now. Basically....Mason=Sports.

Regan is 11 years old. She has moved up to Team Elite on the Chardon Hi-toppers Baton Corp. Regan has been twirling baton since she was 4 years old. Team Elite is a more competitive team than what she has been on previously. Regan is going to start 4-H in February for sewing. She also loves to sing, she is a member of the Joyful Noise Team at our church. This is the children's praise and worship team who leads music for the kids each week. Regan also follows current pop culture.....typical girl stuff!!

Jack is 9 years old. Jack loves Kirby, Mario, Angry Birds......you get the idea! Jack is excellent at putting together lego sets. He also is a very talented singer, he sings all the time and can memorize just about anything. One of his current favorite pastimes is making short films of his toys having different adventures. He spends a lot of time drawing very detailed cartoons of the above video games. Jack has varying interests and lots of creativity!

Kate is 4.75 years old. We are coming up on her 4 year "Gotcha Day!!" She is going to start going to our homeschool co-op with us in February. She is coming along. Her speech has improved a lot in the last 6 months. With her improved speech I do think her behavior has improved as she is able to verbalize to me when she is feeling overwhelmed or scared, rather than just acting out. Kate likes playdoh, bubbles, puzzles, books, the ipad.....typical preschool things!

Quinn is 3 years old. She has been with us for 1 year and 4 months. She is amazingly verbal. Terribly independent. Not necessarily an easy child, but definitely the right fit for our family! She helps with Kate (alerting me to any impending disasters!) She is a fantastic playmate for Kate, and can keep right up with her big brothers and Regan. Quinn loves babydolls, pretend play, coloring, and of course....the ipad! I am hoping Quinn will start going to BSF with me in January (not sure she will stay alone in the class!)

Ron is in his 31st year of teaching at CHS. He still walks to school a lot of days (depending on what is going on at home.) He also works at Camp Wise in Burton from about April to October. He is a jack of all trades there, doing maintenance, lawn mowing.....you name it! He also leads the AWANA program at our church. And he helped coach Mason and Jack's Upward Flag Football teams this fall. He also takes Mitchell to his out of state gymnastic meets, and Regan to most of her baton competitions....and Mason to his basketball games! Basically the other member of the tag team here!

And me?? I am the taxi driver and master schedule keeper, dishwasher and laundress!!!! Grocery shopper, (bad) housekeeper and cook.....
I am in my 5th or 6th year of BSF (I lost count!) I highly recommend the study to anyone. It is pretty much the only thing I do for myself......and I selfishly admit I do it.
I also continue to help co-direct the preschool ministry program at our church. 
And I am taking the kids to the East-Side Co-Op on Tuesdays......GREAT experience!!

Some of the kids are also doing math with family friends once a week.....a great thing to team up to do if you are homeschoolers! And the 2 older boys are going to another family's home for writing and grammar one day a week (WONDERFUL!!)  So....we are pretty busy.

It has been a different, good, busy year. 

I think we ALL are JOYFULLY anticipating what God has in store for 2014!


No comments: