1. A big praise today, our 17 year old water softener got a tune up. It doesn't need to be replaced (yet) BUT we could replace it for a few thousand. We are gonna pass right now!!!! Our rapid salt consumption is from our children. Big surprise.
2. Our (new to us) van's tires are recalled. So we get brand new tires. But the ones on it are basically new....I'm not sure how I'm feeling.
3. I drove to church 3 separate times on Sunday, and Ron drove once. That's like 80 miles round trip. I'm not sure how I'm feeling :)
4. I just learned today the people who celebrated Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem were the people who had travelled with him from Galilee. They were not the people in Jerusalem, who later in the week, would call for Christ's crucifiction. Interesting. I wonder why I never learned that before.
5. I got a new t-shirt today supporting an adopting family. They are bringing home their 6th child from china!!!! And expecting their first grandchild pretty soon! If you ever get the opportunity to support an adopting family....do it! Even $20 for a t-shirt is SUCH a help and encouragement. TRULY.
6. I am determined to complete a knitting project in 2014. Just one....I'm not overly ambitious.
7. I purchased a book titled, "642 Things To Write About," by the San Fransisco Writers' Grotto. Once upon a time I was a writer.....I think I've lost all coherent thoughts.
8. Quinn has become a stink pot. I need to set aside time to *seriously* read about older child adoption and address the issues she is displaying now rather than blowing it off. She seems really well adjusted, but she has textbook responses to things and a lot of times I'm just at a loss as to how to respond. I have to remind myself we have only had her 18 months....not very long at all. She was in the orphanage 2 very important years. I think she "gets" stuff, but really she doesn't. It's such a hard line to balance.
9. Kate, on the other hand, is coming along, and it is so thrilling to watch. I haven't been sure if we've taken the right path with her. Because I am seeing her begin to bloom after putting in so much work, I have confirmation we have made right choices. We have had her FOUR years!!! It has been intense. But I'd do it again.....period. :)
10. Mitchell has his first "real" job. He is working at the gym helping with classes and coaching. Weird!! But good :) But waaaa....my blond haired, blue eyed baby.....working.........how??

No comments:
Post a Comment