Friday, March 4, 2011

running furnace!

The furnace was only $95 to fix (including tax!)

As much as I hate living in a town where I can't go out without seeing someone I know (or am related to) in a time like this it kind of pays off. The furnace guy is a guy who's family has *always* taken care of our furnace. So he knew putting a used $10 part on our furnace was fine, plus he *knows* our furnace and how we use it (we don't we use our woodburner!) The carpet guy is a guy who's wife taught we Ron, and we've known them *forever* go to church with his brother, have a bunch of mutual friends. It makes it a little easier to get "advice" on how to be doing things.

What a nightmare.

Plus everyone we talk to has some kind of advice for us. Usually different from the person before.

We are totally torn on what we should even be doing, and if we are doing the right thing. Plus we have NO MONEY to be doing this. It is one of those things you just have to do and figure out later.

I hate our insurance company and think we should switch if they truly do not give us something. We have a $5000 rider for flooding. If we do not get that I think we should dump them. Ron is kind of balking now. His parents have had insurance with them forever (like 50 years.) Ron has always had insurance with them. We have NEVER had one single claim. We have whole life, auto and home owners with them. To tell us they are not going to cover anything before they even come here infuriates me. Especially since we have that rider. I want at least that so we can pay Elliott for the whole carpet disaster (and prayerfully FIX...NO SMELLY MESS) then new padding, the rental of this giant fan. We are going to have to figure out the boy's beds. Their dressers. The 2 computers and stands. Have no clue if the television works. The oak entertainment center. Stereo. DVD/VCR player. Thomas Table (don't know if that's damaged...it's gotta be it's been down there with the pigs on it....they are probably sick from being down there all week!!!) Ron's tools....don't know how many were damaged. A bunch of Ron's reloading stuff. The recliner (big loss!)  The kids desks.  All the kids portfolios from FOREVER :(  I guess that's not a monetary thing.

We don't even know what toys we threw out. I guess we'll be figuring that out as we go along.

I'm just ready to be done, have things dry and get the kids back down there. We do not have room to have everyone on one floor. Especially with yukky weather. The kids are driving eachother nuts.

We are going to a play downtown today. So, I guess a bit of  "normal" and getting out of the house.

Mason has a violin recital tonight with his ensemble. I'm not going but Ron is. I have to take Mitchell to gymnastics, and I'm keeping Jack and Kate....none of  us are in the mood with distracting kids during a concert (and dealing with extended family stuff that involves explaining kid behavior!!!!!!!)

1 comment:

cbrueggie said...

praying, and i'll wait for you to tell me what you need!