Sunday, September 18, 2011

Adoption Take two....

Friday September 9, 2011
So we are in the process of trying to decided if we should adopt a second time from China. The difference this time is we have to opportunity to lock the file of a 12 month old baby. Her birthday is actually today!!
I am TERRIFIED. I just do not feel like we have the financial means at all to do this. The baby is ADORABLE. The thought of doing all the work again is so overwhelming. I can't even imagine starting all over. And I can't even imagine how we'd pay for it.

I need a big huge gigantic smack from God to tell me YES or NO.

I need peace.
Monday September 12, 2011
Start at the beginning
September 1st...I saw the face of our new little peanut in a yahoo advocacy group email. I pondered!!!

September 2nd...I showed Sally her pictures, and discussed her special need, and researched it a bit. And sent off a "pre-application" to get a file with more information. I showed Ron her pictures that night, and we discussed her.

I waited all of Labor Day weekend, and wondered why I hadn't heard. And wondered about her special need. Wondered if she was already snatched up. Pondered the fact that we have NO paperwork done.

Monday morning (actually late Sunday) the file came. I looked and looked at it. I sent it to our family doctor. I emailed Ron (but did not send it to the school.)

A couple days passed, I think. I spoke to Heidi at Children's House. There were 2 other families also interested. We needed to start working on paperwork. Ugh.

I called John and pondered the whole thing MORE. He said "take her!!!" He called another dr....the other dr said "you won't regret it!!!"

Still.....can we do this?? Is it the right thing for our family? We have 5 children!!! We are already crazy busy all the time!!!!

But....they say you know, and I just kind of knew.

I keep feeling like Jonah.

But I also keep hearing in my head "I am with you."

So......off we go....
Wednesday September 12, 2011
We are waiting to hear if we have locked the baby's file. Our agency has a policy that we cannot refer to her Chinese name or post her pictures until we complete her adoption in China. Big bummer for us!!! I am not sure why others are able to post these things and we are not.....but we obviously will respect the policy!

In the meantime we have begun to work on paperwork for our agency in Washington State. We've also contacted a local agency to get the homestudy process underway. We'll have classes we will need to take, which will be in October. The best news I got today is we'll be able to do our federal fingerprinting at the agency rather than go downtown....yay!!! I hated that last time!!!

No comments: