This week was a CRAZY week. One time I came across a Facebook post of someone who had a picture of like 2 overflowing laundry baskets and a caption that said "Life of a Working Mom of Two." It just made me laugh. Laundry is my biggest foe here....well other than Mitchell and Regan irritating the living bejeebers out of eachother daily...laundry would be the next big thing. Right now EVERY SINGLE LAUNDRY BASKET in my house is overflowing. With clean laundry that needs to be put away. I guess it's my own fault I haven't trained the kids to put the laundry away. I've tried. I've even tried to get Ron on board. They all just jam laundry into drawers. Then nobody can find anything and it's all wrinkled. Maybe I should just not care.
I refuse to buy any more laundry baskets...that just makes more clean laundry to put away. I got these color coded buckets for each kid. I had this whole plan...I was going to sort clean laundry into the bucket...then they could either put it away or just dig through it and wear it. My kids refuse to dig through baskets or buckets for clean clothes. It DRIVES ME NUTS. They actually will just not wear underwear...or keep wearing the same pair over and over, rather than dig through a laundry basket for a clean pair!!! And...the putting it away part...well, read the last paragraph. And..recruiting their father...that didn't work out so well either. He does all his own laundry. I do wash it. But he is in charge of it after that. Which is a huge help...so I can't complain about that.
Regan...I'm working on her. She is getting better about putting her laundry away. Of course, she thinks she is going to live in Hollywood and be a television star (next year) so clothes are her passion.
I should stack all my baskets of clean laundry in my living room and take a picture. That would be pretty funny. Or take a picture of the boys hamper overflowing...that's pretty scary, too!!! Three kids in one hamper can fill up pretty quick!!
So, yeah...today I am tackling MT Tide. The sad thing is...I'll never reach the top, cause once I empty those baskets...I'll just refill them!!!!
However...I am SO thankful for the clothing for our family, and the bodies to put in the clothing!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment