Thursday, January 26, 2012

Question? How long?

If you are starting totally from scratch, the process takes about a year.  Maybe a little less if you have a really fast HS social worker and you haven't lived in a lot of states (so you don't have a lot of clearances)
Roughly:
2-3 months for the homestudy
2-3 months for i800a and finalizing Dossier
2-3 months for LOA (letter of approval)
2-3 months from LOA to TA (travel approval)

There are a lot of variables of course.

The above is quoted from a yahoo group I am on.

I had a SLOOOOW homestudy process. Like we ALL know that. It makes me boil to even think about. Just a bit OVER FOUR months. Absolutely unacceptable, unnecessary.....don't even get me started.

We are FINALLY in the second step i800a and Dossier.

I am hoping for AUGUST travel.

If God is really favoring us it might be sooner.

I am PRAYING it isn't any longer.

I cannot even fathom another 7 months of waiting.


We are on day 22 of our wait for our i800a  approval.

No comments: