Friday, January 13, 2012

status update

I need to get a picture of Kate's new "mouth." I have not yet, I guess we have been to busy. She has adjusted pretty well. She has had some sores in her mouth. They are in the front, right where the two worst teeth were. I am assuming they are from whatever kept her mouth open during the surgery. We used anbesol on her mouth and that seemed to help...I guess. She actually hasn't really complained that much. She cried one time terribly, and that was after sneezing. Other than that she really hasn't said or done much of anything. She isn't eating any differently yet. I still am being careful with her, I am kind of paranoid that her teeth are going to fall out or something.

We have had a busy week. Mason and Regan had dentist appointments. We switched to a new dentist (because of the whole Kate drama and how poorly that was all handled by our long time dentist....unfortunately.) We are going to a dentist right in town, who actually is someone I have known pretty much my whole life. The kids were very happy with their visits....no cavities! Yay!

Back to BSF on Wednesday. My group is a very "mixed" age group this year. I cannot even begin to tell you the wisdom and blessing in that. They should always set the groups up that way.

The Ron and the kids had awana on Wednesday night. I think it was fairly uneventful this week...I think they got all their craziness out last week!!!

Thursday was back to gymnastics for Mason, Regan, and Jack. We do the class for "exercise." Really those three need a personal trainer like every day of the week rather than a class one day a week. Seriously.

I had the best gym teacher growing up....Mr Jenkins. My kids need a Mr Jenkins....maybe they have one and I just answered my own question (lightbulb moment!!) I just have them at the wrong place. Anyway, they have been doing gymnastics, but they are NOT physically fit. It is a discouragement to me.

Mitchell went to Ciferno's for math. I think they do math.....at least that is what he tells me!

Today we are going to a class at West Woods with our homeschool group. It is about birds.

Mason and Regan start upward basketball tonight.

Saturday Regan has a birthday party for Alyssa.

Of course in there Mitchell has gymnastics all the time.

One of our guinea pigs died this week. It had been sick for a few weeks. That was sad. Upsetting. Discouraging. I don't know if it is winter. Or just having a bunch of kids. Or homeschooling. Or just where I am. But I feel like everything we do is a mess, broken and unorganized.

Maybe it's the adoption. Maybe it's the family size. Or maybe we just really suck.

Seven days and I will be forty. I remember my tenth birthday and how very excited I was. Just like how excited Regan is to turn ten...although perhaps not for an entire year (like Regan!) Forty....not really bothering me. Probably because I am too preoccupied to think about it.



1 comment:

Sally said...

Busy week for sure! Actually, busy life!! But when I look at your family, the results sure seem "worth it". You'll catch up on all the lost sleep--in say 20 years or so from now :-)
NaiNai