Tuesday, April 10, 2012

19 months

Dear Quinn,
Yesterday was your 19 month birthday. I wonder if anyone in China knew and acknowledged that day? Those are the birthdays that mamas take note of. As their baby grows, and they are asked, "How old is your child?"  They say, "3 months, 6 months, 12 months....19 months."

Soon we will just switch to years, then half years.

I wonder where you are at 19 months. I know for sure you know your name. I have seen you look right up when called. I know you are pretty curious. I could see that waaaay back in October when I found a picture of you peeking over cribs looking at the "Americans" invading your nursery room. I also see the spark come out when you are given a chance at a new toy. I see the interest in your face and eyes. I see you observe others, and then imitate.

I am working as hard as I can to get you here, so that months don't keep slipping by like they are.

Your mama knew it was your 19 month birthday yesterday and thought of you. Although I think of you everyday, so that is nothing new.

3 comments:

Sally said...

She is loved beyond measure and will be shown soon. In the meantime, the Lord knows our hearts and hers...and will hold both until they are united.
NaiNai

april said...

Bridget, You brought tears to my eyes with this sweet post. I do believe you captured a mother's heart. I pray that the Lord will speed your process along and Quinn will be home with you soon!
April

Gfam said...

Soon, soon, soon! Praying for her homecoming to happen quickly.