So we got through VBS, and we got through the yard sale.....my next goal is to take the 3 older kids to Cedar Point (yuk.) Ron refuses to go (party pooper.) So I get that joyous task. Somehow we always end up dividing things up because of the ages of the kids. Taking Kate and Jack would just be no fun. And Ron hates rides, not that I really want to ride any either, but I'll ride more than he will. So...dividing up the family we go......
Mitchell is going to be performing at a Captains game in a couple of weeks, too. We are going to split up for that, too. Mainly because....taking Kate is no fun (see a pattern!?!?!) I guess we take the easy way out.
I am also switching gears and starting to plan the "travel" portion of the adoption. When we went to adopted Kate I did not have to plan travel at all. We just went. Everything was done for us. Not so this time! I have lots of decisions to make. But, it's kind of good. We are skipping the touring in Beijing all together. We did it last time, and it will save money. We are going to visit Quinn's SWI. We did not have that opportunity with Kate. Hers was 6 hours away from the capital of the province. Someday I WANT to go to her SWI. I've seen pictures, and I love the town, even though I have never been there. Our guide had been to it, and said it was very nice....so that does bring some measure of comfort.
Anyway, this has been a weird summer. It seems like we have never settled into any kind of pattern, and I don't think we are going to.
People left on the family mission trip yesterday....my family was not among them. That was weird. My kids want to go again next year.
Lots of things to plan and do. Schoolwork to think about and buy. Co-op classes I have planned but not organized. I need to get working now so that when things take off I am ready :)
And I am the master procrastinator that works best in the eleventh hour. A bad thing to know about myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment