In all that it was Ron's birthday! We were not very successful in even celebrating! His birthday was on Wednesday but we didn't even get to have cake until Friday....and that was rushed because some of us needed to get out the door!
Really, the kids are not in that many activities. It just seems like letting them each do something takes up all our time! I guess it's a season....or something! Several seasons put together!
None of the pictures are that great....but the cake is cool! Mitchell picked it out (Miles Farmers Market of course!)
Quinn had a doctor appointment with an endocrinologist last week. We are waiting for blood test results and will go to Rainbow for some further testing once those we get the results from the first set of tests. As of right now her tests are coming back within the "normal" range for what is being looked for. (yay!) But they do want to do further testing.
Quinn saw our family doctor this past week and has gained one pound in the time she has been home. She got 3 shots (boo.) And she did let our doctor let him near her this time without screaming her head off (although she did scream the whole time the nurses were near her.) I just want her to be comfortable with our doctor...I don't care so much about the nurses :)
Kate is doing much better with Quinn. She only bit her one time this past week. She only seems to hit her or push her if she is tired or really frustrated. And, really, I could probably divert those times if I were paying closer attention to Kate. I know Kate's personality and I could head things off before Kate got to the point of hurting Quinn.
I had Kate and Quinn in the van on Wednesday on my way home from dropping the kids off to Ron for Awana. I heard Kate tell Quinn, "I love you, Quinn." SO CUTE. It made me teary....she doesn't even tell US she loves us!! And she's hugging and kissing Quinn. She asks where Quinn is if we are not with Quinn. I'm really relieved to see her adjusting.
Kate calls her Quinninin, which I believe means "Quinn Anne." :)
All in all I guess we are settling in, a bit busier than I would like, but keeping up....I guess!
No comments:
Post a Comment