Friday, December 23, 2011

Cookies!

The kids made cookies with Ron yesterday (he's a baker...me...not so much....)








I told them all that we have to save a bunch of them for Christmas Day (when we come home from church and park it on the couch to play the Wii!!!!)



So the homestudy has been released by our placing agency--yippee!!! hooray!!!

After being MIA (the social worker...not me!) all day yesterday, I finally got an email in the evening from my social worker saying her kids are here from out of town and "sorry" for the timing of the "OK" on the homestudy. She'll do it on the 27th.


I'm sure you can imagine my thoughts. :)


***A Little update.....got an email from our SW...won't be able to "get to it" now until the 28th. Got another email from our placing agency, who apologizes for our homestudy agency and their lack of "feeling the same rush we both do."

So...frustrating?? To have such an excellent placing agency and a homestudy agency I want to kick. But, also got a list of things to start working on for the next step from the placing agency.

I guess I can be thankful for someone who wants to get my child home and sees her as a living, breathing child who is right this second sitting in a crib in China. She's not a fictional thought that might happen, possibly in the future. She's really, truly there right now. And because of our agencies repeated screw ups she will be there at least 2 months longer than necessary.

I'm going to go bang my head against something now!!!! :)


2 comments:

Sally said...

Cookies...yummy!
Homestudy...yea!
The rest...conflicting thoughts, and none that I dare put into print!
So, so ready for the next phase!!
NaiNai

lizzielou said...

You must go and watch the video Merry Christmas with lyrics on youtube from Third day, if you haven't already seen it. It is perfect for you, warning though it will make you cry!