Yay....we got some pictures....after much anticipation all day!!! The yahoo group I am a part of this time is so great.
I wish we would have had that for Kate. Although her adoption was so totally different than this one. We were in the NSN program and waited three years before we switched to special needs. We, actually, were on the verge of just dropping out all-together. When I called the agency to make that first step of stopping our agent asked if we had considered special needs. I WISH she had asked much sooner. Although, I guess if she had we would not have gotten Kate. We discussed it and I asked if we could be as specific as a hand or arm deformity. She said we could. Ron and I discussed it. And we made it THAT narrow. We changed our homestudy and our agency started watching the shared list for a child.
January 18, 2010 we got the call at night....I guess around 11, that a baby had been found with a deformity of the left thumb. I was SO CLUELESS I didn't even get Ron on the phone. I said I'd just tell him later, but yes we wanted to lock the file.
The entire process we were CLUELESS. We didn't know any of the steps, I just filled out the forms and sent them back in. It was actually kind of nice to be clueless...less stressful!!
On my birthday, January 20th, we accepted Kate's referral. In those 2 days we had an adoption clinic look over her file and review it.
Then...this really shows our CLUELESSNESS....I asked if we could see pictures now :)
We were at AWANA.
We had accepted her referral sight unseen.
We had THIS
Our agent said "You haven't seen her pictures yet? Oh my gosh....well of course we'll send them!!!"
OOPS!!!!
We were told it would be up to 6 months to get her....but actually went at the end of March (with 10 days to prepare.) It was CrAzY! She is AWESOME and it was AMAZING!!! Miss Kate Xiaomei!!!
Anyway...all that to say....we are SO BLESSED this time!! It is so fun to see Quinn.
Although bittersweet.
She's bigger.
She has a TON of hair.
She is VERY aware of her surroundings...or at least appears to be aware.
She was out of the crib this time. She was with a little guy that I've seen her with before. They seem to be in the same room....so that is kind of cool. They must keep the kids kind of "together" with the same "friends."
I wonder how they group them.
We are still a long way out.
He CAN move the mountains. Once we submit this I800A things can happen very randomly....pray that way.
If I learned ANYTHING in BSF last year.....the Lord has plans, and nothing man does and change them.
He CAN make things happen in HIS time.....despite the averages. Claim that with me!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment