Wednesday, May 30, 2012

change a life!

We have a whole rubbermaid container FULL of change that needs to be sorted here at the Cole house!! What a PRAISE!!! I have just spent about an hour or so of Kate's nap doing some sorting. We have another  $162 to add to our total for our Quinn Bottle fundraiser! Yay!!!! I know there is definitely that much and more in this container I have on my counter! I do believe we will be able to match the grant from BRITTANY'S HOPE!!!  Hooray!!!!

You can learn about Brittany's Hope here 

We have been so blessed to receive a matching grant from them. They will match anything we raise up to $1000.

So awesome!

The next thing up is fees for our (ominous) LOA.  (dum, dum, dum.........)

We actually received a grant from the JSC Foundation (click here ) that will cover a lot of those fees. I am hoping the rest of the Change a Life money will also cover those fees.

Yesterday we (unfortunately) learned that our wait for Quinn may be longer than we anticipated. I have absolutely no answers for WHY?

I am just going to go on God's promises. Actually, this morning when I was getting my tea I got a text from a friend who was doing her quiet time (thank you friend!!)  And it reminded me that people ARE praying, which I do know, and I DO KNOW that God is faithful and WILL finish what He has started.

What came to mind this morning? Not all the current songs on "The Fish" but this......


  • "Great is Thy faithfulness," O God my Father,
    There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
    Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
    As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.


  • "Great is Thy faithfulness!" "Great is Thy faithfulness!"
    Morning by morning new mercies I see;
    All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
    "Great is Thy faithfulness," Lord, unto me!

    We are being considered for another matching grant. Please pray for that.

    We applied for a grant that will be reviewed and awarded in Mid-June. Please pray for that!

    We are *going* to apply for two more grants.....please pray for those!

    AND.....please pray that we make it through God's timing! I know He is in control and He will bring Quinn here on His time schedule.....regardless of what China decides to do!!


    1 comment:

    Kam said...

    Thank you so much for your sweet comment on our blog. I don't know why I'm not freaking out! It must be the Lord! And the fact that I learned a TON about God's timing and faithfulness during our first adoption and then during the death and mourning of our Seth last fall. That's not to say I don't have my days where my iPhone stays on my person all. day. long because I'm just so hopeful that WACAP will call us and say we are out of translation. Not likely, since we haven't quite hit the 50 day mark even. Still, I'm holding fast to the truth that it's all in His hands! We are praying for my photography business to get 15 new sessions this summer to help offset the travel costs. God has already honored our prayer and given three of the fifteen in the last 24 hours! WooHoo! I know He'll provide somehow if it's His will. So we just keep moving forward and trusting Him.

    Again, thanks so much! I hope you hear about your LOA sooo soon!