Tuesday, May 8, 2012

waiting waiting

Waiting, waiting, waiting!!!!! We are on day 43 of our wait for our LOA (Letter of Approval) or SC (Seeking Confirmation)

Basically, we are waiting for China to translate and read our dossier (which is our entire life story, all of our financial information, and all of our wonderful letters of recommendation) and then stamp them APPROVED to adopt Quinn.

THEN, we have to petition the US government to adopt a "specific" child (I800) which would be Quinn.

THEN, China will issue our TA, which will mean we can come and get her. YAY!!!!! FINALLY.

See....back and forth, back and forth.

And, really, I'm not even covering all the paperwork, there are other things in there I didn't even touch.

It is CrAzY!!!!!!

Once you get LOA, travel is about 10-12 weeks. I am hoping (hoping, hoping) we get there in August.

If I think much about the time it is just extremely overwhelming. Still so far out.

But, it is giving Kate a chance to get a bit older, and hopefully do a bit better when her little sister arrives. She is definately going to be dethroned and I'm sure not be very thrilled with that! However, I do believe in the long run it will be *wonderful* for both Kate and Quinn.


This morning Kate said "oh my gosh."

Vocabulary is developing......not sure I will say "nicely"  :)

No comments: