Moved a tiny bit forward yesterday, I guess. We have to have 4 home visits scheduled. Unfortunately we are not scheduled until the end of October, which really frustrates me. However, I can still be working on gathering things and getting things in order even while waiting on that.
I did indeed call and register for the Baby Basics class at the hospital yesterday. They thought I was crazy. Apparently nobody has informed the hospital it is a new state requirement that all adoptive or foster parents complete this training for their homestudy. When the woman asked me for my due date and I told her our situation she was dead silent. I mean, I felt kind of stupid too, but I'm just doing what I have to do!!! I have to take a baby wash cloth, towel, sleeper, undershirt and receiving blanket to the class. I can tell you now I am NOT going out and buying this stuff. I'll take the stuff I have now (which is like 18 month size) and they can just deal with it.
Of course this is a NEW state requirement, and I'm sure after we are done with the process they will rethink their genius and decide it might not be the most efficient use of time and money and redo the requirements. Oh well!!
Today we are going to CHESS CLUB!!!! My kids are SO amazingly excited. It is weird. Maybe they aren't as well socialized as I thought!!! :)
So, today is the first Chess Club with our homeschool group, we will have it the first Friday of every month. My two older boys know how to play chess. Regan claims she knows how to play chess. I have no clue if she really does...I don't know how to play! Jack wants to learn. And Kate...she'll got to nap at nai's.
For the kids that don't want to play chess, or don't know how to play chess, they can play checkers. I went to the Five Below Store a few weeks ago and got a checkers set. Embarrassingly enough, my kids do not know how to play checkers!!! Anyway, with the checkers set, it is a square wooden board, and you can turn it over and play tic-tac-toe! It's really cool!
So, yesterday I did not get to the vital statistics office to get my birth certificate, and I also did not get our marriage license. Ron thinks I have to go to probate for that. I am going to try to do that this morning. He is already working on getting an employment letter from the school and the camp. I have to go back to the bank, because I forgot to deposit the stuff I was going to deposit when I was there yesterday depositing another check.
I need stuff written on a list. And then glued to my forehead.
No comments:
Post a Comment