I have plans to do a few "adoption" related things today, although I guess they probably won't really get me anywhere. I just feel like one day of doing nothing is one day more of our daughter sitting in China.
I need to get an original of my birth certificate and our marriage license. So I will go do that. I need to work on Kate's passport. So I will start that process.
I contacted our social worker to try to get homestudy visits moving. We can't submit our I-800 until the homestudy is done and we can't get the homestudy done if she doesn't START it. I am TRYING to not get annoyed, but truly...I am at the end of week 3 from writing a $1000 check to an agency....let's go people.
Our placing agency wanted the homestudy done by the end of October...well time is ticking.
I need to get us registered for a "Baby Basics" class. It's at the hospital where we had all of our babies. I really think the state needs to rethink this class for parents of multiple children. I have to pay $70 and spend 3 hours learning how to diaper, dress, hold, wrap in a blanket,and care for newborn. Come on.
This weekend we are planning to have my brother come and install a huge pipe in our yard for drainage. The weather looks to be good, so hopefully the whole thing will go smoothly.
I had BSF yesterday. We are studying Acts of the Apostles this year. The main focus is the Holy Spirit. It really is an applicable study for my life this year (big surprise.) I am trying to trust in the truth that His Plans are not my plans and I can work hard, but He will do things I haven't even thought of.
It's that "trust" thing I get tripped up by!
2 comments:
About that "trust" issue ...thankfully He gives us a life-time of lessons to strive to get it right :-) Praying for all those adoption steps that will bring our little one home!
NaiNai
Sorry to leave the note here---but I need your email address. I have a virus that eats email addresses. Could you forward to me?
nancyvnjourney@hotmail.com
And "Baby Basics"????? Really? Who thought that was a good idea? C'mon folks!
Nancy-of the crazy 9
Post a Comment