We survived the train ride to Quinn's province of jiangsu and are now in the city of nanjing. I love the city. It is so busy and there is so much to see.
Our guide in shanghai, Alice, took us to the train and made sure we were on. It was a 1.5 hour train ride. It was a bullet train, so fast, and very smooth. Makes the rapid look pretty lame :)
The biggest stress was making sure we got off at the right station. Our suitcases weigh a ton, but I am so thankful we kept to one suitcase and one backpack each.
Our new guide found us very easily at the nanjing station. I'm assuming because we were the only Americans!!! :)
The last time we were here we were in cities that have frequent adoption travelers. This time we are not. And we are not with a group, we are alone. So we are total oddities. It's kind of weird. At the train station some guy came right up and took our picture with his cell phone. I just tried to pretend I didn't see him. Everyone points at Kate. Thankfully she is too little to notice.
Last night we ate in the hotel restaurant. Kate was horrible. I'm sure she was just totally wiped out from all the travel. I'm sure everyone in there thought we just adopted her. Wait till they see us later this week with another little girl!!!!
We went to a grocery store with our guide, Michael today. He is excellent. We found the yogurt milk Kate drank when we got her 2 years ago. I'm relieved because we were just about out of her pediassure.
One interesting thing the guide told us is the people from southern china, where Kate is from, are very small. And he didn't think she is small at all. But the people from northern china are bigger. So Quinn really could be bigger than Kate. I was glad to hear that because I've been continuing to obsess about Kate's size.
I took some pictures while out but haven't attempted uploading yet.
We get quinn at 3 on Monday or 3am Monday morning USA time!!!!!
2 comments:
Following along with you, Bridget. Thanks for the updates!
So happy to read your updates! Excited for you!
Post a Comment