Friday, August 3, 2012

walking in circles

I think my poor travel agent probably hates me. And has sworn about me in Chinese. This arranging travel.....not my cup of tea! Too many decisions that I just don't understand.

I decided to make a list of what I need to do before we go. I think even my list is a bit incomplete. I feel so totally unorganized, I think mainly because our travel is not finalized.

And my house is a disaster.

And my paperwork isn't in order.

And I have no clue where or what suitcase I'm taking.

And I don't know what clothes I'm taking for anyone.

The other day I had this horrifying thought that I would get all the way to the airport and not have our passports.

Wouldn't that be horrible??

Yesterday I got all of the kids homeschool notifications done and assessments done. And I did our co-op schedule and wrote all the checks to mail for that.  So, we are good for homeschooling. Well, almost, that all has to be mailed now. But it isn't something looming over me.

I put Quinn's carseat in the van the other day, and moved Kate's to a new spot in the van. Now I can't see Kate :(   And Kate was like "Whoa....what is that other seat???"  I think she is definitely "getting" the idea that SOMEBODY is coming.  We now have the toddler bed in her room. The other highchair in the dining room and the carseat. We tell her they are for Quinn, and that we are going to go get Quinn.

Yesterday our Travel Approval arrived by Fed Ex.  There is something so cool about reading those official documents with the big red star on them. "We have decided you may proceed with the adoption of ........"   You have three months from the date listed to complete.......  You must arrive at the civil affairs office in.........

Yay!!!  :)   And her little picture is right there on the document. I hope her nannies are as excited as we are. They have done a FANTASTIC job with her. I cannot WAIT to share tons of pictures!!

3 comments:

lizzielou said...

Can't wait for you to meet her! And can't wait to see updated pics!

Catherine said...

Exciting days for sure!! Praying for you as you take these final preparation steps to bring your Quinn home!!

Brandi said...

We are leaving for china to bring our son home on Thursday too!