Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Trip

Here is a brief outline of our trip, since I have been asked a few times....

We leave on Thursday, August 9th from Cleveland, right around noon.

We fly to Detroit.

We leave Detroit around 3:30PM and fly to Tokyo. It will take about 13 hours

We then fly from Tokyo to Shanghai. That will be on Friday, August 10th. I think. 

We will arrive in Shanghai at 9:45PM their time, which would actually be Friday morning your time

This is where I get all messed up!!

Supposedly at the Shanghai airport will be our guide. I hope. Who will take us to our hotel for one night.

Then, at noon on Saturday August 10th we will take a train to Jiangsu in the Nanjing Province. (haven't done a train before!)  It isn't that long of a train ride, I think like an hour an a half.

We will be in Jiangsu until the 17th of August.

We will get Quinn on Monday, August 13th!!! Although it will be Sunday night here at home.

We will officially adopt her on Tuesday, August 14th. You have 24 hours to spend with the child before you complete the adoption.

We are planning to see Chelsea Horvath on Wednesday, August 15th (yay!)

On August 16th we are doing a half day tour of Xuan Wu Lake. I believe it is an area that has many islands and a park. It is our only scheduled tour.

On August 17th we will get Mu's passport and head to Guangzhou. A FLIGHT is involved.

On August 18th Mu will have her medical exam. Hopefully it will go quickly and easily.

On August 21st is our consulate appointment with the American Embassy where we get her Visa and have her swearing in.  :)  That is 10AM   So 10 PM on the 20th you all's time

On the 23rd we head to Hong Kong. Another train. This could be dicey. The guide will put us on a train.  Then we are on our own. Hopefully we will be such proficient travelers by then we will have it in the bag!!! We have to find a taxi and get to our hotel.

THEN we have to get BACK to the airport, get checked in, and our flight LEAVES at 8:20 on the 24th.

We probably should just sleep in the airport!!!! LOL. 

We fly Hong Kong. Tokyo. Atlanta. Cleveland.

PHEW.

We believe we will be able to post on the blog and facebook.

Can. Not. Wait!!!!!



2 comments:

Caroline Smith said...

I so admire you, Bridget. God bless and go before you as you make this trip!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful trip!
I will be thinking of you - and hope to travel myself soon!
Love, Sirenita