I'm not on diet....but I am trying to overhaul our eating style at our house. I just am having a terrible go at it!!!
My background with food is not that great. I started working when I was 17 at the YMCA in Painesville. I worked A LOT from that point until I had Mitchell. My diet was cans of spaghettios (the whole can.....gag) and drive thru food. I admit drive thru is still my weak point (Taco Bell and Chick Fil A.) Oh...and I ate the Lean Cuisine microwave meals and the other microwave things like that.
Fruit and veggies? Ask Ron. He would laugh if those were mentioned with my name.
I don't have a weight issue, I mean, I could lose 5 or 10 pounds. My jeans are snug, I don't want to buy new ones.
My real problem? People in my family drop dead. Young. Men and women. So I'm not looking at a real good track record.
Anyway, I found this book through the "Above Rubies" magazine awhile ago called "Trim, Healthy, Mama."
trimhealthymama
I haven't totally read it, but I kind of have. There is a facebook page, and a blog, and a million other blogs, pinterest....it is crazy. There is a huge following. People are all into THM.
There is even a blog with a step by step quick start guide.
quick start
I've purchased food, I'm ready to go. I've got Ron eating beans for lunch. I have the kids eating berries instead of apples and bananas and peanuts instead of pretzels.
Me???? Still a chocolate chip muffin for breakfast. No lunch or a Luna bar, and whatever for dinner.
I SUCK at eating.
Why am I writing it here?
I SUCK at eating.
Maybe I'll feel guilty and actually make the crabby patties I bought the ingredients for and EAT them rather than just feed them to my family!!!!
The whole plan claims if you try it you will gradually adapt and like it.
I haven't bought chocolate covered peanuts for 2 weeks. That's a start. I'm not liking it but I've done it!!!
Not sure I'm going to like the berries and peanuts (or crabby patties.)
So....yeah, I'm not on a diet. I can't even get motivated. It's more like a "life-change."
Ron's doing real good though! He's lost like 6 pounds (loser.) ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment