Don't worry, they are supposed to be missing. Mason and Regan are both at birthday party sleepovers. Of course they couldn't be anywhere near eachother!!! Mason is in South Euclid and Regan is way out in Auburn on the Portage County line. But, whatever, they aren't in our house!!!
Mitchell went on a retreat with our high school group from the church. They went to Morgantown, West Virginia to the "Storehouse of God" (you have to say that in a Moses kind of voice.) Mitchell has gone there a bunch of times with Ron for the family mission trip. We were very excited that was where they were going this weekend. Mitchell has been wanting one of the kid groups to go there.
Nothing else really going on. The three big kids had dentist appointments today. The best news of the day was hearing Regan does not need braces. That came as a complete surprise. She still sucks her thumb!!! I actually told her right before we went if she quits by January 1st I will buy her a new ipod. I am constantly on her about quitting and about how she is destroying her teeth. Then the dentist says today she has beautiful teeth. Unbelievable. Well....I'm glad anyway! One less thing we have to make payments on!
I have been reading the book "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" to Kate and Quinn. They LOVE it. Tonight they were so funny with it. Kate kind of ignores the story, but she hangs on me, or she tries to pull the tape off the library books while I am reading (the tape holding the covers on the books.) Quinn tries to ready with me. The only problem is Quinn knows NO colors and NO animals. So she is hilarious when she tries to read with me.
It has been so interesting to see how Quinn is so smart about some things, but so clueless about others. I probably should try to find someone fluent in Chinese to speak to Quinn. I have a hard time believing that at 2 years old she didn't know any colors, numbers, animals, objects. I am kind of thinking it is a translation thing. She has done FABULOUS picking up the English language. But she is still just so very clueless about things. She calls any big animal a "horse." But right away she was calling a dog a "gou" and a cat "mao" which are correct. She is extremely bright....to the point of it being a little irritating. So I can't imagine she really doesn't know things. But, truly....I show her pictures of things and she is CLUE----LESS.
Anyway, that's been our thing....look at toddler books and point out pictures of things. Kate loves to show how smart she is and we are hoping Quinn is picking up some things. She doesn't seem the least bit frustrated....it just bugs me. So I guess I should chill out :) There are bigger fish to fry I'm sure!
It is so freaky to only have 3 kids in the house. Poor Jack is actually sleeping all alone in his bed down in the basement. That kid is BRAVE.
I should send Ron down to snore down there ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment