Thursday, October 24, 2013

Day 6*****We got SNOW!!!

Living in Chardonia my whole live long life, I will not say I have never seen snow in October. I have trick or treated in winter gear.....so I am not going to act all shocked or anything. I'm not even impressed. I am VERY glad we didn't lose power, Ron didn't have a snow day, and I was able to make TEA. That being said....I hope we get some 60 degree weather back so I can wear my sandals again because, I have not found any winter shoes I am happy with at the stores yet :)

The kids drove me SO BONKERS  I let them go outside at 9:30 to play in the snow. By 10 they were all back in, and by 11 we were having lunch. It has been a long day.

Regan and Jack went out again after they ate lunch. Then the neighbors (who also homeschool) called around 1:30 and they went over to play with them for a bit in the snow. They did very safe things like made big snowballs and rolled them into their pond. Both families have 6 kids.....so by now neither mothers pay attention to the kids playing outside and we just find out about the safe things they do AFTER they do them. The other day the 2 boys were having what appeared to be a world wrestling federation tournament on my trampoline. I didn't even bother saying anything to them. I figured if they hurt each other they would quit.

Mason and Mitchell are at the Renger's house for a Writing and Grammar Class. They are doing this for 18 weeks......and loving it.  (ha, ha....not...no they are not.....) It is worth every penny I am paying Sharie!!! Mason is actually a decent writer. Mitchell hates to write, so it is really nice to have someone else working with him on this subject for the year.

This afternoon Mitchell will go to the church for his "house group." We both are very pleased with his group. Ron and I are very glad we got him into the group during the summer and feel he will benefit greatly from direction of the man leading it. Ron does *a lot* with the kids as a spiritual leader in our home. However this man is challenging Mitchell to open up and share in a way he does not normally do. We think that is important and will greatly benefit him.

Mason and Jack have football. I am waiting to see if that gets cancelled. It was last week because of rain. It may or may not be this week.

I am going to a "Mom's Night Out" for our homeschool group "Fellowship and Friends." I am looking forward to it. Poor Mitchell is going to have to go with me. It is just at Parkside, so he can hang out on a couch and do his ipod or something.

I have worked on our terribly massive amount of laundry today. Really all I have done is washed. I have a hard time motivating myself to put away :)


No comments: