I guess I feel like I always need a picture in order to write a blog post. I don't have many pictures, so I don't blog. Meanwhile time is passing. I have a big binder documenting the time when the boys were little. I'm going to have nothing documenting the time when the girls were little!!!
We are busy most days. I've decided this is the year we are really living up to the relaxed, eclectic, unschooler label. I have had a very difficult time getting things moving, so I have decided maybe that is just our speed this year. Last year I was fine, and we brought home Quinn!!! So I'm not sure what the deal is!
Mitchell is doing Algebra at the Ciferno's again. Mason may begin with him after Christmas.
Both boys are doing a writing and grammar class at the Renger's.
We are involved in our co-op. We are doing classes at the Natural History Museum again. We are involved in Fellowship and Friends again, and have already gone on a field trip to the Ohio/Erie Canal and are doing another field trip Friday at one of the local parks.
Regan has been cooking. A new adventure for her, and a little harrowing for us!! She does a good job and it would be nice actually teach her to make things other than cookies and cupcakes so someone besides me makes dinner!!
All three girls will be in a wedding in June (yay!) Our niece Allison is getting married.
Quinn cut her own hair a few weeks back....that is a first for our family.
Mason is playing basketball again for the Geauga Grizzlies. He is also doing flag football with Upward.
Jack is doing flag football as well. He doesn't like it, but he is doing it without a whole lot of complaint.
Regan has moved up to Team Elite in baton. This is the highest level in her baton group. She will stay on this team until she graduates. There are a couple of levels on this team, and obviously she is in one of the lower levels of the team since it is her first year. But it is a more competitive team and takes a little more time and travel. She was very glad to move up (we were undecided for awhile about whether we would let her move up this year.)
Mitchell.....gymnastics of course!! He is starting to think of the future. Possibly working some at the gym, teaching some of the little kid classes. Preparing for when he graduates so maybe he could work in a gym through college.
The little girls. Just think anything you do being undone.....fast....all the time....by TWO kids. I just throw their laundry into the drawer now because they take it all out anyway (not really but I should because NOTHING is folded in their drawers!!!) They change clothes several times a day and it drives me BATTY. They lock themselves in rooms. They fill the toilet up with toilet paper. They take anything they can reach on the counter. We have the house on lockdown, so I am fairly confident they cannot get out (but we never risk it so someone is with them all the time.)
I have no clue why they are so intense. Perhaps it is just the confinement during their formative first year and 2 years. That or I just suck. :)
They are a joy. Just a little (lot) tiring. I am seeing the payoff of the way we have chosen to parent them. They are both coming along.
I have laid in Kate's toddler bed the last 2 nights (yes very comfortable!) But....a huge milestone. She has turned into me, she has stuck her foot between my knees, she has put her face to my face. Three and a half years. Why so long?? And a seemingly very attached child. I have no clue. My very best guess is she was a VERY LOVED baby in China. She is recovering from the trauma of being taken from someone who loved her. So we keep going. And I am ok with a tiny toddler bed if she is asking me to sleep with her, cause I have wanted her to let me be with her for so long and she would have none of it!! Progress.
Quinn.....different issues. A child that doesn't understand discipline. A child who fake cries and imitates the behavior of others to get attention. She has only been here a year. Smart as a whip. Loving, seemingly well attached. Not without issues. She does sleep with us....moves all over the place and kicks like crazy!!! I could do without that!!! :)
So I hear disaster in the kitchen. "Water, water!!!" are not words I should be hearing. Hopefully not much of a mess this time!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment